Last week Chonce from My Debt Epiphany nominated me for the Liebster Award. It’s Simple Cheap Mom’s first award and I’m so honored to have received the nod from such a great blog!
The Liebster Award is very popular in the blogging community and while I’ve heard of it before, I never really had a clear understanding of what it really was.
So to my understanding, the Liebster Award is basically an award that is created by bloggers and intended for bloggers. It’s passed from person to person through a nomination type of process in order to encourage connections and discover not only new blogs but new and interesting people to relate to. In other words, it’s a great way to get to know the person behind the blog.
So without further adieu, here are:
11 Random Things About Me
1. I’ve lived in over a dozen homes, but I’ve never rented.
2. I’ve driven around Iceland twice.
3. I put ketchup on Kraft Dinner and scrambled eggs, and I love ketchup chips.
4. I’m left handed.
5. I use spell check way too often.
6. When I was in middle school, I helped teach kids how to skate, but I can barely skate now.
7. I have a small family of garden gnomes in my yard.
8. I delivered our Little Miss without pain medications. On an unrelated note, we’re not planning on having a second kid.
9. I’m allergic to nickel. But outgrew my allergies to cats and milk.
10. My ukulele is 7 or 8 years old, but I still consider myself a beginner. My ukulele is red.
11. When I got my first grown up pay cheque, I went out and bought a bottle of Godiva White Chocolate Cream Liqueur.
My Answers to Questions From My Debt Epiphany
1. What inspired/motivated you to start blogging?
I could talk about money with a few close friends, but it wasn’t enough! Now that I’ve entered the personal finance blogosphere there’s more than I can handle! I’ve also started talking to more friends and family about money matters since they’ve found out I’ve started Simple Cheap Mom.
2. Who is a hero in your life?
Everyone has a story and I get inspired by so many people. I really couldn’t pick just one.
3. What is your greatest memory and why?
The birth of our Little Miss. Second would be our wedding. Because these were the moments where the two people I love the most in the world were brought into my life forever.
4. What is your favorite home cooked meal?
My favorite is probably my grandma’s meatloaf. I have a memory of her mailing it to me as an adult. I have no idea how that was possible, so it might not be true. I do believe it is true somehow though.
5. Are you a planner or are you spontaneous?
I think I can seem spontaneous at times, but I’ve usually done a lot of research and planning before I make a decision. I’ve owned three houses and have always put in an offer right after seeing the place for the first time. We wrote the offer for our last house on the trunk of our agent’s car.
6. In the past, what bad financial habits did you decide to get rid of and why?
When I started working, I would eat out for lunch every day, usually get take out for supper and would shop to entertain myself because I had the income to do it. I decided to reign in my spending so that I could quit my 9-5 job to work for myself. I discovered that I’m much happier with more weight on the life side of the work/life balance scale.
I nominate these three great blogs for the Liebster Award:
Here are my questions for the nominees:
1. How many hours of sleep do you need each night? How many do you get?
2. If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would it be?
3. What was your best Christmas gift as a child?
4. Do you have any pets?
5. How many credit cards do you have?
6. What’s the best thing you’ve ever done for your finances?
If you enjoy my blog, Follow Me!
If you liked this post, Share It!