Before you cook Moi Moi
- Soak and wash the beans 3 hours before cooking the moi moi to remove the coat. When the entire coat has been removed, place the beans in a bowl and cover with water. Allow for a three-hour soak. This is done to ensure the best consistency when blending the beans.
- It is best to use one of the following ingredients: eggs, bone marrow, or corned beef, but not all three at the same time. If using eggs, cook until hard boiled, then cut into small pieces and set aside. If you prefer, cook bone marrow with salt and Maggi / Knorr cubes and set aside the stock. If you’re going to use corned beef, open the can and separate the beef into small lumps.
- Now it’s time to get the moi moi containers ready.
- The tatashe pepper should be washed (if using it). Remove the tatashe seeds as they have a bitter taste and should be avoided.
- Cut the onions into pieces, and use a dry mill to grind the crayfish.
- Set aside the crushed stock cubes. Set aside the habanero/scotch bonnet peppers after washing them.
- After the beans have been soaked (the bean seed is tender when pinched), it is time to blend them. It is critical that you use a high-quality blender for this task. The consistency of the blend greatly influences the taste and feel of your Moi Moi. If in doubt, place a small amount of bean seeds in your home blender and grind to the best of your ability with as little water as possible. Feel the resulting paste with your fingers; if there are any tiny pieces, the blender is not suitable for Moi Moi.
Click Next Button Below To Continue